The first time I made it was for Thanksgiving and it was a mess. I had no clue why either. After talking with my Mamaw about it and seeing a written recipe, we figured it out – I had used all-purpose flour instead of self-rising flour. That was it!
So with no further ado, here is an amazing, easy recipe for any type of fruit cobbler!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-rising flour -OR- 1 cup all purpose flour with 3 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 small cans or 1 large can of desired fruit
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Melt 1 stick of butter in 13×9″ pan
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Slowly stir milk into the dry mixture until smooth
- Remove butter pan from oven and pour milk mixture evenly over butter – DO NOT STIR
- Pour can(s) of fruit evenly over the milk mixture – DO NOT STIR
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes until golden
- Optional: Just before cobbler is ready, sprinkle cinnamon on top
Enjoy! Let me know how you like it!